3D Printing for Functional Prototypes
The smartest and most cost-effective way to design. 3D printing has revolutionised prototyping, decreasing the time of production to hours and the cost of prototypes to fractions compared to traditional methods. Test, Form, Fit and Function repeatedly with highly accurate representations of the final product or part. 3DGBIRE can help you find the best solution to reducing costs, from one-off prints via our print service or by installing an ‘in-house’ 3D printing system perfect for your needs.
Why choose 3D Printing for Functional Prototypes?
Functional prototypes can now be made to a high degree of accuracy and strength at a low cost. Below are some of the key reasons you should be 3D printing your functional prototypes:
- Improve overall product quality with more prototypes at a reduced cost
- Test an accurate representation of the final model in a wide variety of materials
- Reduce risk by verifying design before tooling
- Remove the requirement for tooling on small run manufacture.
- Increase complexity of geometries traditionally available
- Environmentally friendly, typically using 90% of the raw material, also saving material costs.
How 3D Printing Functional Prototypes Can Benefit Your Business
3D printing has revolutionised prototyping. You can purchase a 3D printer for the cost of one or two prototypes and then print as many prototypes as you require, exactly when you need them. Iterate on the fly, ramp up your development speed and save money too.
Here’s how 3D printing is being used for functional prototypes:
- Function and fit testing
- Confirm manufacturability
- Evaluate a design’s ergonomics and feel
- Bring products to market quicker by reducing development times
- Iterate easily and at no extra cost
Talk to an Expert
We’re here to answer your questions
Implementing a new technology can be a painful experience, slowing down your core business and not returning results immediately. Let our team take your headaches away, our knowledge of integrating 3D printing into different industries and applications is second to none. We’d love to hear about your project and help you find the right solution.
Call one of our friendly team and find out how 3D printing can revolutionise your business.